This is an older project, but deserved a mention. My first-ever metal working project.
So I decided I wanted to start using a money clip. I found this very nice one on Etsy and almost ordered it…
…but vaguely remembered already owning something similar. Oh yeah. Found it. This ancient, ugly, and scratched thing.
Yuck. It’s hard to tell from the picture, but it was pretty scratched up… and I never did like that geometric pattern. Also, the engraved initials were only about half as deep as the rest of the engraving, making them look like an afterthought and making the whole thing look cheap (which it was).
So I broke out my favorite rotary tool. I figured if I tried to spruce up my old clip but ruined it in the process, I’d have every right to splurge on a new, pretty one.
It took four different Dremel bits and about an hour… but in the end, I ended up with a beautiful brushed metal clip that I actually want to use!
…and saved myself the $40 of a new one. :)